Wed, July 28 Registration 6 - 6:25 PM
Event Runs 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
This Nature Alberta event is free fun for families with kids aged 4-12 but everyone is welcome.
Location: Whitemud Park (beside Alfred H. Savage Centre) in Edmonton
Directions: Turn off of Fox Drive near the Equine Centre, follow Keillor Road as it curves to the left under fox drive bridge (the event will be to the south of fox drive)
Details: Plant trees with Root for Trees and learn about forests in Alberta. And join the Edmonton Nature Club on a guided birding walk.
- a mask
- your own full water bottle to reduce waste
- sturdy, closed toed footwear is required to take part in tree planting efforts
- appropriate attire for the weather including a hat and a rain jacket, depending on the forecast
- sunscreen and bugspray will be necessary
- binoculars if desired
- backpack to carry your supplies (water, attire, etc.)
Will run rain or shine. In the event of extreme weather, notice of cancellation will be posted on our Facebook page. For a detailed map of our location, please check our Nature Alberta Facebook page. We will be set up just outside of the Alfred H. Savage Centre.
At this event, we will only be able to accommodate a very limited number of families. Be sure to arrive early to secure your family’s spot.
This is a free event (though donations are appreciated!).
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.