Position: Nature Calgary Board of Directors (1 or 2 year terms)
Organization: Nature Calgary (Calgary Field Naturalists’ Society)
Location: Calgary Metropolitan Region
Deadline to Apply: November 16, 2021
*Applications must be received before the 2021 Nature Calgary Annual General Meeting (AGM) happening November 17, 2021. Board members are elected and voted in at each AGM.
As a member of Nature Calgary’s Board of Directors, you will help to champion the preservation, conservation, and public’s education of Calgary’s natural history and biodiversity. Nature Calgary encourages a diverse group of people to bring news ideas, skills, and enthusiasm that will help to reach new audiences.
• Attend board meetings (around 9 per year/ ~2 hours each)
• Advise and vote on pertinent issues surrounding the society and activities
• Actively participate in sub-committees such as advocacy and issues, events and communications, finance.
• Provide insight into areas Nature Calgary can improve and participate.
• Be an ambassador by promoting the society and its activities by engaging with community groups, associations, companies, and nature enthusiasts.
For more information or to submit your cover letter and resume, please email Nature Calgary's President, John McFaul, at President@naturecalgary.com