The Helen Schuler Nature Centre is recruiting volunteers to make a difference in the river valley this spring and summer with Coulee Cleanup, Shoreline Cleanup, and Invasive Weed Pulls.
River Valley Conservation programs encourage residents of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to pick up litter and “leave it better than they found it!”. Participation is an effective way to have a positive environmental impact and increase connection with our community.
Coulee Cleanup is now accepting registrations from individuals, households, community groups, and local businesses! To register,
- Explore available areas on the Coulee Cleanup online map.
- Complete the online registration form
- Review the safety information and prepare for your cleanup!
You can also join,
- Earth Day Coulee Cleanup at Indian Battle Park - Saturday, April 22 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon - meet near the Baroness Picnic Shelter for supplies and orientation, wear sturdy closed-toed footwear, and bring a friend!
- Invasive Weed Pulls will take place on the third Wednesday of the month starting in May.
- Shoreline Cleanups will take place on the first Saturday of the month starting in June.
For more information, please visit River Valley Conservation Projects.