The Helen Schuler Nature Centre is now recruiting volunteers to make a difference in our river valley this spring and summer with Coulee Cleanup, Shoreline Cleanup, and Invasive Weed Pulls.
River Valley Conservation programs encourage residents of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to pick up litter and “leave it better than they found it!” Participation is an effective way to have a positive environmental impact and increase connection with our community.
Thank you to all past and present volunteers as well as community supporters for helping with river valley conservation - your efforts have made Lethbridge a better place to live!
Registration is now open!
Are you ready to make a difference in our community? Coulee Cleanup is now accepting registrations from individuals, households, community groups, and local businesses!
Want to Lead a Cleanup?
- Select your area using the Coulee Cleanup online map: http://bit.ly/2qYhkqO
- Complete the online registration form
- Prepare for your cleanup by reviewing the Health & Safety Information AND arranging to pickup a cleanup kit from the Nature Centre
- Take a before and after photo of your cleanup area, share on social media
- Issue a Cleanup Challenge to friends, family, or colleagues!
Invasive Weed Pulls will take place on the third Wednesday of the month starting in May.
Shoreline Cleanups will take place on the first Saturday of the month starting in June.