Annually, November - April
You don't need a feeder or a lot of time for this activity - you just need a bird-friendly space near your home! Simply spend some time outside or looking out your window and write down which birds you see. By helping record where and when these birds are seen, you're actually collecting data that will help scientists study them. Also, it's a super fun way to get to know your feathered neighbors!
When you join FeederWatch you will receive:
- Double-sided poster of eastern and western common feeder birds
- Bird-Watching Days Calendar
- Tools to track your birds' overtime on Project FeederWatchers' website and mobile app
- The annual FeederWatch Summary: Winter Bird Highlights
- Digital access to Living Bird magazine